A Source Collection can be used to pull together popular sources which do not otherwise adhere to your tagging taxonomy. This might help you when you are finding content for Article Collections. They can also be useful if you want to run a keyword search across a defined set of sources.
Create A New Source Collection
- From the Source Management Options menu, select + Source Collection.
- Name your new Source Collection and click Save.
- Once your Source Collection has been created, it will be available on Source Management to add Sources to it. Follow the steps in "Add A Source To An Existing Source Collection" to do so.
Add A Source To An Existing Source Collection
- On the Source Management page find the source(s) you want to add to the Source Collection and tick them;
- Choose the briefcase icon (which will now be showing at the top of your source list) to add the source(s) to the Source Collection - this will open a pop-up;
- Browse or search for your Source Collection and once found, tick the box beside each Source Collection to which you want to add the source(s);
- Confirm by clicking on Finish.
Q: How do I run a search across a Source Collection?
A: From the Source Management page, find your Source Collection. From the drop down menu to the left choose 'Run Search.' This will open the News Search page, but display only the articles which have been brought into Linex via the sources in your Source Collection.
Q: How do I see what sources are in a Source Collection?
A: From the Source Mangement page, find your Source Collection utilising the available filters and/or search options on the page. Once found, click on the title of the Source Collection and a popup will open displaying the list of the sources in that Collection. Note: Consider tagging sources rather than putting them into a Source Collection if you want to see them in a more interactive way.
Q: How do I remove sources from a Source Collection?
A: From the Source Mangement page, find your Source Collection utilising the available filters and/or search options on the page. Once found, click on the title of the Source Collection and a popup will open displaying the list of the sources in that Collection. Click the checkmark beside each source you would like to remove from the Source Collection and then click Done.