The Settings tab on the Client Dashboard allows you an overview of your account settings. The various views on this tab allow you to manage your logos, text color, defaults, offices, IP addresses, publish filters and file uploads.
1. Client Site Defaults
The Client Site Defaults view allows you to manage the default settings for your Linex Platform.
From this view you can:
- Change your site logo. You can also preview your site logo from this view. For information on how to upload logos, please see the File Uploads section of this article.
- Set your logo to link to an external page.
- Edit the color of the plain text in alerts. This includes alert title, summary text, section and source headers, commentary text, content dates and publisher names (if not linked).
- Set the color of links across the site and in your alerts
- Determine the color of search term highlights.
- Set search terms in results to be bold and/or italic.
2. Alert Defaults
The Alert Default view allows you to manage the default settings for your Smart Alerts.
From this view you can:
- Further personalize your alerts by setting the reply to email address or email from label.
- Manage your default alert publish settings which will affect the default publish frequency, day, time and timezone for all new alerts created. This will not update existing alerts.
- Change your default alert logo, set deduplication as the default, update the font size for all existing and future alert publishes and determine the background color for promoted articles.
The Offices view allows System Administrators to add, edit and delete offices associated with your account. Note that if an office with users is deleted, those users will be auto-assigned to your account’s default office.
4. IP Addresses
The IP Addresses view allows you to view and set offices for the IP addresses on file for your account. Note that updates to the IP addresses themselves still need to be made through your Linex account manager.
To set an office for an IP address:
- Select the IP address you want to update.
- Click on the drop down menu and choose from the list of existing offices.
- Click Set Office.
5. Publisher Filters
Publisher Filters allow Administrators to dictate a set of specified publishers they wish to track. Organizations can then opt for one of the Publisher Filters to be the default filter on the News page, alternately, the default will be "All Publishers". When a Publisher Filter is selected on the News page, searches will be limited to articles from one of the defined publishers in that filter.
5.1. Create a new Publisher Filter
From the Publisher Filters view on the Settings tab of the Client Dashboard:
- Select "+Add New".
- Give your Publisher Filter a name and hit Save.
- Once created, select your new Publisher Filter, which will open the editing window.
- Search for publishers by name and add them to the list of organizations you want to track, select from the drop down list, and hit Add.
- To exclude individual sources from those publishers, search for and add them to the Excluded Sources list.
5.2. Utilize the Publisher Filter on the News page
6. Lexis Nexis Sources
For those with a license for the LexisNexis API, this view allows System Administrators to modify the sources available to users for searching, set the default value for searches and delete sources from the list.
7. File Uploads
Only System Administrators have access to this view, whereby they can upload new organization logos. Additionally, user and distribution lists can be manually uploaded from this view, provided your account is set up for these file uploads.
- To upload a new organization logo, either drag and drop the file to the “Organization Logo File” box, or click on the box to upload the file. We recommend the file size is small (around 50kb) as large files can take time to load.
- To upload a new user list, save the file as users.csv and ensure it is formatted as agreed when your account was set up. You can see the order of user fields listed under Users Import. You will also be prompted by a popup to confirm that the data is in the correct columns before confirming import. Files are processed daily at 7 a.m. GMT.
- For those utilizing distribution lists in Linex, follow the process for user imports, but with the file name of distribution.csv.
For more information on allowing user importing over FTP, please see this knowledge article.